This family room felt cramped! A corner TV stand, BIG TV, and tons of great stereo equipment took over easily 10% of this room. On top of that, the wood fireplace wall was really dark and outdated.
So, our Lead Designer, Nicole, asked Larry the hard to hear questions:
- Can we put the TV on the wall? (Yes, but how are we going to protect it from the fireplace heat?)
- Do you really need all this equipment? (Yes,I have to have every ounce of it.)
- What IS all of it? (I’m passionate about amazing sound and music…great speakers are a must. No matter what the new design, you have to work around that.)
- Are you ready to change more than just the wall detail? (Yes, but I have a budget I want to stay within.)
- What are the priorities to change within the space? (All of it can be changed and if I have to I’ll do some of the work myself to stay within my budget.)
- OK, but what are you personally prepared to do? (Paint, sheetrock, stone install.)
- Do you have a closet somewhere nearby that all the media/ stereo equipment can go into? (Well, there’s the small storage closet on the other side of this wall, but I use it already for other stuff.) BINGO! That closet, along with a specialized remote that can go through walls is exactly what we needed!
- Do you want a WOW factor here and, if so, are you ready to do custom built-ins? (Tell me the price and we’ll see.)
Note, the sectional was already on order when we first met Larry. At our recommendation, Larry did try to get the sectional directionality reversed, but it was alittle too late.